Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

3rd person in PSide2?

So here's a question i have..

Remember how planetside 1 had third person...

will this one have it as well?

Personally i did not like the third person feature, especially in towers. The ability to see around a corner in a shooter just doesn't sit well with me...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MoneyMakinMike Steam ID: MoneyMakinMike

Yeah i noticed that in a youtube video, but might have been for testing purposes??

Gamer IDs

Perhaps they will have it for vehicles/aircraft only like battlefield 3, I personally prefer flying in third person rather then 1st and would like the option to toggle between both however I do agree that you shouldn't be able to see someone sneaking up behind you while you are in a turret or as you said see around corners

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Perhaps they will have it for vehicles/aircraft only like battlefield 3, I personally prefer flying in third person rather then 1st and would like the option to toggle between both however I do agree that you shouldn't be able to see someone sneaking up behind you while you are in a turret or as you said see around corners
    From streams and videos I've watched, you can definitely toggle between 1st and 3rd person in vehicles.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mickelino
    flying in 3rd person comes in handy when you're not actively engaged in a battle, i think it'd be kinda weird if you could do the same for infantry. however i do remember with fond memories the 3rd person modes in MW2, tons of fun but only works in a twitch shooter like that.
    http://www.planetside2forum.com/signaturepics/sigpic1552_3.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: Quad-Core i7 3770k 3.4GHz
    RAM: 16GB GSkill Rip Jaws
    GFX: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    HDD: 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
    MOBO: ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155
    PSU: Corsair HX 750w

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the flying, but 3rd person with tanks makes sneaking up on a tank a lot harder. And i didn't think you could 3rd person in tanks on BF3...at least not on PC? If so, then i have been playing this whole time in first person! LOL. Either way, i get 20 kill streaks in my tank . i love tank driving, and having infantry sneak up adds to the excitement.

Flying, however, makes sense because you aren't going to have someone sneaking behind your fast moving aircraft. and it hakes landing a lot easier.